COVID-19 Safety Procedures
The following is an overview of local practices used by Calvary Church for our on-site physical services. The goal and purpose of this information is to outline guidelines and practices to be utilized in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local directions as made public by our governments.
We believe that physically gathering is an important part of Calvary Church. We care deeply about the safety of our staff, team members and attendees. With the guidance provided to us, as well as the following implementations, we believe we are equipped and ready to safely hold on-site physical services.
While we understand that some individuals who call Calvary home might be anxious to worship together in person, we do ask that you consider a few questions before attending a Sunday Service:
- Are you considered to be part of the primary At-Risk population? If so, we recommend that you hold off attending in person until you feel comfortable to do so.
- Have you experienced any symptoms, even mild, related to COVID-19 including fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, diarrhea, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell? If so, we recommend not yet attending in-person services.
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have NOT yet surpassed at least 3 days (72 hours) since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications); have NOT seen improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and NOT yet surpassed at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared? If so, we recommend not yet attending in-person services. NOTE: If you are a staff or serving volunteer and do not meet these requirements, you are not permitted to attend.
We care deeply about the safety of our staff, team members and attendees. With that in mind, the following protocols have been implemented across our church to ensure the safety of each person attending. We ask that if you plan to attend in-person services, you intend to follow these protocols, as well as any additional direction given by Staff or Team Members while on-site.
Staff & Team Members
- All staff & team members will wash or sanitize hands regularly.
- All staff & team members will strive to maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals when possible. If such distancing is not feasible, then other measures including face coverings, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation will be rigorously practiced.
- All staff & team members will wear face coverings except for when responsibilities require them to be on the platform.
We are asking all attendees to honor one another and wear a mask inside our facility at all times, unless you have a health concern that would prohibit you from doing so.
- Attendees will be asked to practice proper spacing between other individuals outside of their immediate household, and only sit in a row with those who are part of their immediate household.
- At-Risk population attendees are encouraged to participate in our online experiences.
The check-in station is located in the hallway of the Family Center in front of Room 2 just inside the Main Exterior Calvary Kids Entrance.
The process for check-in admittance includes:
- Honoring social distancing with 6ft floor markers.
- Sanitizing hands.
- Monitoring visual signs of obvious sickness.
- Taking a thermometer reading of all kids with a temperature no greater than 100.0
- Escorting (hereafter known as the “runner”) students to their classroom.
- Encouraging the use of a mask (SEE ADDITIONAL MASK NOTES).
- Prior to arrival, check-in is available through our Church Center app.
- A check-in specialist will scan your barcode (in the app or in your email) for check-in.
- The check-in specialist can provide additional help in registering new individuals.
- The runner will screen and escort the child/children to their designated room.
During service, these are the steps we are taking to maintain a safe environment:
- Chairs and seating are separated by 6 inches (NOT 6 feet) because of face coverings that are being warn.
- During craft, snack, and playing times some chairs are removed to encourage distancing.
- Hand washing is provided following all activities including crafts, snacks, and playing.
- Disposable utensils, plates and cups are used for all crafts or snacks and disposed of following use.
- Following crafts, snacks, and playing all reusable items are sanitized through a “deep cleaning.”.
- Water fountains are restricted and currently not functional.
- Children are permitted to bring their own water bottles with a name tag on them.
- Mask wearing will be strongly encouraged except for qualifying exemptions (SEE ADDITIONAL MASK NOTES).
- Following each Calvary Kids Service:
- We “deep clean” toys, chairs, and all common areas.
Check-out is at the same location as check-in.
The process for check-out is as follows:
- Wash/sanitize all hands.
- Bring your child’s tag to the check-in station.
- A runner will bring the child to the check-in station.
- The kids say “good-bye!”
- Due to our efforts to maintain compliance with local guidelines and our desire to maintain the safest environment for all our kids, everyone is encouraged to wear a mask with these exceptions:
- A child has a signed waiver to be exempt.
- A teacher has a signed waiver to be exempt.
- Teachers will continue to honor social distancing regardless of the mask.
- Runners are to wear a mask during runs through the hallways.
Deep cleaning a room or object comes in two (2) steps:
- Clean - remove visible dirt.
- Disinfectant - spray and wipe down the area in question.
Proper cleaning steps:
- Wear gloves.
- Clean touched and high contact areas.
- Disinfect in accordance to your chemicals labels (note timing).
- Throw away gloves.
We know that COVID-19 has had a major economic impact on many of our families and businesses, including Calvary! With not meeting in person you may be wondering how you can give your regular tithes and offering. You can continue to give in two ways:
- Online Giving - You can set up recurring or one time giving right here online!
- Mail - Simply mail in your tithes and offering and our staff will make sure it is processed.